template

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

I didn't grow up celebrating May Day, but I have noticed that many people in Minnesota do. Jillian got to experience the fun first hand tonight when we had a surprise visit from our beloved babysitter, Brooke, and her husband, Devin. I will start by saying that Brooke is a rare gem--a fantastic babysitter who truly shows love to my girls, enjoys being with them, and exudes a sense of calm that allows me to leave without a single worry. The big bummer here is that she is moving away next month, and starting her first job as a PT. We are excited for her and proud of her, but we will miss her terribly!
Jillian was over the moon when I hauled her out of the bathtub and down the stairs tonight because I told her she had a surprise at the door. She threw her robe on and squealed in anticipation, and nearly imploded with excitement when she saw a basket of goodies for her (and one for A) on our doorstep. Seconds later, Brooke and Devin revealed themselves (they were hiding behind the front pillar), and she was overjoyed. And so began a very fun visit that I am pretty sure left Brooke and Devin feeling rather pleased by the excitement they brought to our day. Jillian insisted they all chat in her room, play with the stuff in her basket, and watch her perform whatever trick she could think of to keep them from leaving. I managed to get one cute pic of the three of them together.


Thanks, Brooke and Devin, for loving on my girls tonight! Sometimes a small gesture of kindness makes a huge impact in making someone feel truly special. Jillian will be talking about this for days, and her basket is already loaded up in her backpack ready to be unveiled at her preschool sharing time tomorrow. Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment