template

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let's Pray

Tonight I had one of those intensely sweet mothering moments that I wish I could remember to cling to during the hard days. I was tucking Jillian into bed, as per our usual routine (book, talking, singing "Jesus Loves Me"), when she said, "Mom, let's pray". I asked her what she wanted to pray about, and she said, "To be protected and not scared". That blew me away. So, I said a little prayer for her and then asked if she would like to say one, too. She promptly obliged with the following:

"Dear Jesus, Thank you for this world. Help me be not scared and protected. And keep Adrienne protected so she doesn't open the cabinets and get her fingers pinched. Ayyyyy--men!"

I had tears in my eyes when she finished and told her how proud of her I was that she thought to pray for her sister (who has recently become obsessed with standing and opening any cabinet in her reach). I think it is safe to say we've just added a new piece to the bedtime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment