A slide show of children being dedicated was played in the lobby and sanctuary before and between services. I snapped a pic of each of the girls' slides--I chose to submit these particular pictures because I felt they really depicted their personalities.
After the worship portion of the service, the families descended upon the stage. Adrienne was so wiggly and a bit irritable, so I apparently felt the need to bounce her around the whole time. Jillian was also getting squirrely, and worked so hard to not start some sort of performance of her own (she was ecstatic when she learned we were going to be "on stage"), but I think they did great overall. They certainly were not the only kids who were working to hold it together.
Thanks to Debbie's willingness to man my camera, I have videos of this portion of the service. I was hoping to be able to post them here, but for some reason I am unable to upload them. I think it is because my camera takes HD videos. I will keep trying and see if I can reformat--for now, here are a couple of shots of us on the stage with the pastor and other families.
After the dedication, each child was presented with a gift bag containing a white rose and the following:
| A book |
| Dedication certificate |
| An envelope containing a letter they are to open when they are old enough to make the decision to accept Jesus. |
No comments:
Post a Comment