template

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Decade

It was ten years ago today that I looked into Matt's big brown eyes and said "I do". I have spent much of today thinking about that day, and all the days that are stuffed in between then and now. It has a been a full ten years. We spent some time at dinner tonight talking about how easy it is to get so caught up in the daily grind and forget how blessed we are to live this life with each other and our girls. It is pretty amazing to be together over a number of years and develop a history, a story that belongs only to us. While I of course believed that I was marrying the right person when I walked down that aisle ten years ago, I'm sure I didn't understand just how right he was, is, and always will be for me. Matt really is my better half, and his careful, methodical, smart approach to solving problems and making decisions perfectly complements my emotional, overly analytical, and often dramatic tendencies. We make a pretty darned good team. I'm going to keep him. Happy Anniversary, Matt (or as Jillian says, Happy Anna-nursery). Someday, a very long time from now of course, I hope our girls find someone as humble, hard working, family-oriented, funny, and just plain wonderful as you.

My favorite picture from our big day. My apologies for the view of my hand and yellow shirt....we got married before the age of everything digital. That means we are old.
The dozen roses that were delivered to me today. The last time I got a dozen roses was our wedding day, and Mr. Man of My Dreams blew me away when the card on these said exactly what the card said on our wedding day. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment