Adrienne....
...is becoming a bit more brave in the standing/walking department. She likes to push the walking toy around outside and is starting to do so when encouraged inside (though very carefully). She is a moth to the flame where cabinets and drawers are concerned, and just can't seem to get her fill of opening and closing them. I'm still waiting for her to get her sweet little fingers pinched.
...is incredibly loud. She has the most ear-piercing shriek, and she is not afraid to use it to get your attention. It mostly comes out at mealtime, when you are not responding to her request for more food as fast as she would like you to, but it also comes out when she is really excited. Another favorite use for this shriek was observed anytime we entered preschool to drop Jillian off or pick her up--she loved the thrill of seeing the big kids and was always elated to pick up her big sister after being apart for the morning.
...is picking up the pace in the vocabulary department. She suddenly has some words/sounds she uses consistently. I hear lots of "mama", "dada", "hi", "moh" (more), "ni ni" (night night), "bah" (bath), "ah duh" or "duh" (all done), "muh" (milk, and she uses the sign for it, too).
...still struggles in the sleep department (which means I do, too). If she makes it to 4 or 5 a.m. before demanding my presence I am happy. Often, she does not. Her recent trick is to get her legs caught between the crib slats on the occasion I finally decide I am going to employ a little tough love. I feel horrible when I finally go up and see what has happened...I have such a soft spot for her sad little cry.
...is still nursing 4-5 x day. I am going to start weaning her very gradually next week, and fully expect this to be a rough process.
...wants big girl food. In fact, today she ate the the same lunch and dinner as her sister (in smaller pieces). I am having to give her less and less purees, as she enjoys fruits especially in the diced form. Specifically, she is wild about diced strawberries and also loves grated apples. She had her first taste of Mac and Cheese today, and gobbled it up.
| Strawberries are yummy!!! |
| Mac and cheese...where has this been all my life?!? |
...is one incredibly happy, social, sweet little snuggle bug. I can't get enough of her kisses and those big blue eyes. The melt-my-heart moments each day are difficult to count. We are all blessed by her sweet spirit and affection. Time to start planning a birthday celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment