![]() | |
| "I don't yike it pictures" |
-is so polite. I ALWAYS hear "Thank you, Mama" whenever I give her anything--whether it's milk, a tissue, a toy, put her shoes on, whatever. She says it. It sounds so sweet to me, and generally makes me forget about the fit she probably just threw about something 10 seconds earlier.
-is starting to really test the limits. I see this most often with trying to open the bottom oven door (which I never use to be safe, so don't worry), jump off the couch, and turning the microwave on (she is tall enough to reach the start button. Did you know that a microwave smells like it might explode if you let it run with nothing in it??)
-is starting to express her feelings of discomfort/fear/dissatisfaction via words. For example, "I'm hun-gee (hungry) Mama" or "I cold", or "I hit it, my head". This is really helpful to me in so many ways, because she can start to answer me when I say "What happened?" or "What's wrong?" She said a couple of things this week that made us giggle that would fall into this category as well. On Monday morning I went in to change her diaper when she got up and she said, "I want to see Daddy". I told her that Daddy was at work, to which she replied, "I no yike it Daddy work". And then Wednesday night when Matt went to take her upstairs for bath, he held her up to peek out at the dark front door, and she suddenly said, "I no yike deer. I no want to see deer!" I'm not sure why, but she's decided she doesn't like deer while also thinking that if you look outside in the dark that you WILL see some. News to me.
-is starting to really enjoy coloring, for which I have Jillian to thank. If Jillian is coloring, she wants to, too. She is always proud of her crafts that she brings home from the RAC (also because she knows Jillian does crafts)
-is pure madness at the dinner table. She insists on drinking out of an open cup, and then just focuses on gulping as much water as possible over the course of the meal. She hardly ever eats anything at dinner, and I hear lots of "More water, Mama!". She tries to talk over Jillian (which is really tough to do), and spares no expense when it comes to competing for attention. It is a messy, crazy time for our family.
-is fighting me on her nap, but I am not giving up. She does not realize how important this is to me, and that I will fight to the bone to keep those precious quiet moments in the early afternoon. It's a battle of the wills, but I am tougher than she, I assure you.
-would choose to live only on Alpha-Bits, cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, and applesauce if I let her. While she asks for whatever Jillian asks for when it's lunch or snack time, she rarely eats it unless it is one of the above mentioned foods.
-will repeat her request until she gets what she wants, or until she gets tired of requesting it. Over and over and over and over. Even if you are in the act of getting her what she wants, she continues the chant until it's in her hands. "I want milk, Mama. I want milk, Mama. I want milk, Mama. I want milk, Mama". I am sure this persistence will pay off for her later in life, but it frazzles my nerves most of the time.
-is still snuggly. And I love love love that. While she doesn't want any snuggles before bed as we are reading stories, singing, etc, she still makes sure she gets them in throughout the day. She is definitely a kid who needs a periodic hug or snuggle from me, and always cozies in close by laying her head on me as we hug. I love the smell of her hair, the pats on my back, and her contentedness to be still with me for a few minutes. She is one sweet, happy, beautiful little girl.
-

No comments:
Post a Comment