Two snow days in less than a week. Can I get a little sympathy here? March is always a hard month for me in Minnesota (so is April by the way) because it feels like it should be Spring, and it is not. It still feels so out of reach. The time change is nice because the staying light later deal gives me hope, but it has brought with it a predictable bedtime protest "Why is it light out when I go to bed, Mom?" "It's morning, not bedtime!" The other two most used phrases out of her mouth right now are, "That's boring!" and "You are not letting me do what I want!", but those require a whole separate post. So, for now, I'll just share a couple cute pics of some (more) snow day activities. Hurry up, Spring!
 |
| We declared a movie day on Sunday. The weather was gross, and Matt and I were tired from a fun late night out with friends. This delighted Jillian, the forever TV addict, but Adrienne wants no part of TV. I realize this is a good thing, but sometimes a mom just needs a little help, ya know? We started the Lorax, and Adrienne sat down for 30 seconds to watch it next to Jillian (who is STILL wearing her Burger King Queen crown she got from her special outing to the MOA with her dad on Friday). |
 |
| Yesterday, Jillian immediately asked me for a box because she wanted to make an airplane. That meant I would need two boxes, of course. Thankfully I found some boxes in the basement from the most recent Costco run. I applied wings as requested, and the two little pilots took flight often that day. |
 |
| Craft time...using muffin papers as flower blooms. She requested a craft that was "not boring", and thankfully this met the criteria for a few minutes. Yes, she is wearing a snow hat (what she decided was a pilot's hat) as she crafts. |
No comments:
Post a Comment