![]() |
| Serious trouble here. |
template
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Squeaka and Her Sister
Matt began calling Adrienne "Squeaky" shortly after her birth. She was a noisy baby and made lots of squeak-like noises, hence the name. It morphed into a few variations....Squeaks, Squeak-A-Potamus, Squeaky Pete, and so on. Matt has a real gift for nicknames. Recently, she has become "Squeaka". This is a special name because it was given to her by Jillian, and it is used solely by her as an endearing name for her sister. When she addresses Adrienne as "Squeaka", the tone of her voice changes. It is always used sweetly, with a softness that demonstrates the love she has for her. Maybe I didn't give Jillian enough credit, but I admit that I was unsure how she would grow into her role as a sister. She has a big personality, has her own ideas, and is quite independent. I am here to tell you that she is (and always has been) one fantastic sister, and she demonstrates that skill over and over as she guides her little Squeaka along. I am so grateful for the relationship between these girls, and am excited to see how it grows and changes as they do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment