For our first conversation of the day (me still bleary eyed), Jillian began:
"Mom, guess what I want to be when I grow up?"
She continues before I can answer.
"I want to be a baker girl. You know, a girl who bakes dessert. And an astronaut. But Ella is not going to ride on my rocket ship. She is going to drive her own, and we will meet on the moon together. And I also want to be a firefighter, because I want to rescue people. And, I am going to be a girl who makes movies. Daddy said I will be good at making movies. And then I want to be a builder, and also a plant and garden girl. You know, a girl who grows flowers. Also, an ice skater and a ranch girl. And....that's it.... (suddenly hears a loud beeping noise)...Mom! Something is on fire!!"
Me: "Um, no. That's Daddy's pager going off"
J: "Oh, OK, good. It sounded just like a smoke alarm. Can I have my breakfast now?"
She is going to need a good breakfast to adequately fuel her body and mind so she can get started on that list. Guess I should start buying Wheaties.
No comments:
Post a Comment