Sleep. I wish I had gotten more of it last night. Jillian was up from 1-4 with a variety of issues: scared, hungry, not tired, wanted to sleep with us, etc. I am not ever very happy about walking up and down the stairs as many times as I did in the middle of the night, and it is so, so, so hard for me to be patient. And to remember that the smart-as-a-whip little person in the bed above me is only 4. I know I am way too hard on her. Anyway, the irony of the above situation is that Adrienne usually sleeps until 7:30 or so. This morning? Up at 6. Fantastic start to our Sunday.
Now for the speech part of the post. Jillian and I have had a few funny conversations the last few days.
J: (while eating lunch, almost choked on an apple) "Whoa, that apple almost went down my air pump!"
Me: "What?"
J: "You know, that tube that goes to your lungs"
Me: "Are you talking about your wind pipe?"
J: "No, my air pump?"
Me: "Uhhh....your air pipe?"
J: "Yeah, my air pump. What's it called again?"
Me: "Your trachea"
J: "Got it"
J: (after almost clogging the toilet) "Wow, Mom. This toilet is acting up. I think you need to get the sponger"
Me: "What?"
J: "The toilet is making a "guh guh guh" noise. You need to ask Daddy to sponge it. Get the sponger and sponge it."
Me: "You mean the plunger?"
J: "Yep, get the sponger!"
J: (while holding hands with Adrienne and spinning around the living room): "Dad, does your arm have a sock on it?"
Matt: "Uhhhhh....no, I don't think so"
J: "Why not? Adrienne's has a sock on it"
Me (chiming in): "You mean a socket?"
J: "Yep. Mom says if I pull on Adrienne's arm too hard I will pull out the sock on it"
Me: "I think you mean, pull it out of socket....."
I can't make this stuff up, people.
Adrienne has couple of cute ones as well....
-When I enter her room in the morning, after telling me good morning she tells me she wants to go eat breakfast..."I wanna go fock-iss Mama!" Yep, somehow breakfast is "fock-iss"
-At "fock-iss" this morning, she tried to get her sister's attention: "Scooz me, Jillian. Scooz me! Jillian. Scooz me!" (Excuse me, Jillian!)
-The new game at meals is for Adrienne to throw her plate off her tray or (when I am lucky) hand it to me and declare, "I don't yike it, Mama!"
-Every time she tumbles, bumps into something, etc, before I even ask, she hollers, "I'm OK!"
No comments:
Post a Comment