| Amen |
| A sense of humor is a wonderful thing, isn't it? |
-Adrienne figured out how to remove her diaper. And she did so about 175 times. Every time she was out of my sight, she stripped. I have a lot of pictures of the various situations I discovered her in this state, but none are appropriate for posting here. I suppose I should just be grateful that she never removed one of her 3 dirty diapers for the day..
-Adrienne did not nap. She spent about an hour in her bed repeatedly removing her clothing and diaper, while I ran up like a crazy woman and re-dressed her. I'm sure I was just reinforcing the behavior, but I'm so not interested in getting myself into a situation where I am cleaning up poop off the walls. Just sayin'....
-Jillian asked me, "Mom, why are you so naughty all the time? You are being mean to me". This was after I raised my voice at her for pushing her sister. Still, not fun to have your kid tell you that you are mean to her.
And now for the "highs".....
-Adrienne went pee on the potty!! When we were headed up for what was supposed to be a nap, she said, "I wanna go potty". So I thought it was reasonable since I would be changing her diaper anyway. She sits on the potty every night before bath and never goes, but this time she surprised me. I'm not sure who was more excited: me or Jillian. Super cute.
-Jillian uttered these words: "More carrots, please". Did you read that? My kid who hates vegetables suddenly thinks that carrot sticks dipped in hummus is the most delicious snack. She is right, it is a great combo, but never one she'd give the time of day before. She ate about 10 carrots today. This is probably 9 more carrots than she's ever eaten in her life. In one day. I told her I was proud of her and that she was really making good choices to grow up and be strong and healthy. She said, "Yeah, I can't wait to grow up and be a mommy ice skater! It's going to be awesome". I'll let you know how that combo of jobs works out for her.
Stick a fork in me, I am done for the day!
Being a mom is hard but being a wonderful mother like yourself is on a whole different level of hard! You'd tell me and others to be kind to yourself during challenging times so I hope you are practicing what you preach! Love you!
ReplyDelete