One of Jillian's most frequently used words is 'ever'. She does seem to need a bit of help using it correctly, but I can't bring myself to correct her because I enjoy the giggles I have to stifle in the 'heat of the moment'. A few examples:
- "I EVER want to go to school again!" (protesting the transition from the show I let her watch before we left for school as a reward for prompt completion of the morning routine)
-"You EVER let me have enough treats!!" (mad at me for declining a sucker request mid-afternoon)
-"I EVER get to ride my bike anymore!" (mad because I wouldn't let her ride her bike in the garage without her helmet)
-"I EVER want to go back to time out" (mad because we have started using the time out again)
-"It's EVER going to be Spring again!" (mad because I told her that no, today is not Spring...and I would have to agree that I feel the same way she does about it.)
-"I EVER want to go to bed again. I am EVER going to be tired!" (Ah, the bedtime routine. Such a happy time)
You get the point. I suppose I should start teaching her the correct use of 'ever' vs 'never', but I EVER want to forget this cute, frequent little slip-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment