We had a nice Valentine's Day, complete with as many things pink, red, and/or heart-shaped as I could come up with. That is really what it's about for a 4 year old. Jillian was excited for her party at school, and even more excited when she learned that I was to be one of the parent helpers. I was rather impressed at the angelic room of 3-4 year olds, and found her classroom to be exceptionally quiet (which puzzled me since Jillian is a part of that class!). Her teachers are incredibly organized and structured, yet lead with a calm authority. It blew me away to see it in action. Anyway, after school we made sure to hurry home and get ready for our own Valentine's party for four that evening. We ate off Valentine's paper plates (thanks, Hobby Lobby), had special treats, and enjoyed playing with the surprises that Daddy brought home. Here are a few pics from the day...they uploaded out of order, and I'm just too lazy to change them.
 |
| Daddy brought Adrienne a princess car. It makes a lot of noise. Daddy must have wanted to torture Mommy. |
 |
| Jillian's surprise was a Snoopy Snow Cone Machine, just like the ones her parents enjoyed as kids. Hard to tell who was more excited.... |
 |
| I love Adrienne peeking up over the corner of the table |
 |
| Adrienne finally has her very own lunch box to play with |
 |
| Heart shaped strawberries on our spinach salad |
 |
| Sifting through the Valentine loot from school. Side note: Jillian always dresses in a seasonally inappropriate manner. I let her as long as we are staying inside, hence the too-big-for-her sundress in February. |
 |
| Red Velvet Crinkles...heart shaped, of course. |
 |
| Starting the day off right--heart shaped waffles, tacky tableware, and some seriously awesome bed head! |
No comments:
Post a Comment