template

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Presidentially Puny

Long "holiday" weekends are rarely a holiday when small children are involved. I am not to that phase of parenting where I am excited about time off of school (and my husband doesn't have a job where he gets those days off to play with us). Yet. (I hope I get there someday.) But, we had a fair amount of things planned for the weekend that I was sure would carry me through yesterday's day off of school.  And then Adrienne got puny. She started running a high fever early Sunday morning (and by high I mean 104.6) She was delirious and hyper. I was panicked. Matt was semi-comatose. Jillian was awake. And scared of everything. Did I mention this was just a couple hours after we got home from a super fun date  night where we behaved like college students? (I am of course thankful that the sickness didn't strike until after our night out). Back to reality with a jolt! It was a long night with little sleep...for the second Saturday in a row, I might add. I hope that's not a trend, girls. Thankfully we got the fever down to a manageable number and she really didn't have any other symptoms. This little febrile episode, however, botched up our plans for a couple days so we have been hibernating at home (with a little extra crankiness on board) in some ridiculously cold weather. Can you say cabin fever? A few pics of the weekend...
Such a daddy's girl right now. We call her the Daddy Monster. She was a bit warm Saturday morning, which I attributed to teething at that time (clearly I was wrong), and just wanted some extra snuggles from her best guy. This girl gives some long snuggles.


"I ready go Cos-co" We did head to Costco late Saturday morning...


Punies in full swing--my view on Sunday morning. Pathetic, febrile toddler who hates TV was snuggled in my lap zoning out to Horton Hears A Who.


We canceled the sitter on Sunday and Matt attended a work dessert party on Sunday afternoon without me. That was a bummer for me. I love dessert, as we all know, and I also love a grown-up get together. So Jillian and I made some chocolate dipped strawberries while Adrienne napped. These were Jillian's creation: she felt the red sprinkles were a necessary touch.


I finally tried out something from Pinterest. Finger paint in a ziplock bag. No mess. Still fun. Great for moms who hate messes (me!). We also did this with shaving cream.


Adrienne liked this for about 5 seconds


Adrienne discovered Pablo, the empty pinata from Jillian's birthday party, in the craft closet as I was cleaning it out. She promptly gave him an exam. (He's since been trashed. Seriously, why did I have a broken, empty pinata in my home for the last 4 months?!?)


Ahhh....order. With labels. I am happy. This will last 2 days, max.


The fever is gone and Adrienne is back to her old self. She managed to find a sunny spot while reading this afternoon, and really did need those shades. Don't let that beautiful sunshine fool you...we've got 20 below windchills. Darn it, Minnesota!!

No comments:

Post a Comment