I had four super super excited kids at my house Saturday night. Our girls and the Taunton kids (minus baby Jack of course) have been begging for an official sleepover for a long time. We finally made it happen, unexpectedly, Saturday night and the kids couldn't have been happier. They played outside until almost dark.
After showers for all, they settled into the guest room (where Will and Rachel were sleeping) for Rachel to read a chapter out of Humphrey The Hamster to everyone.
And then, after a short little pillow fight, a silly faces picture before saying good night.
The next morning, I surprised the kids with a pancake feast. Will was so cute as I heard he and Jillian talking as they ate--"This is my first sleepover ever, and I had no idea you stayed for breakfast!" There were tears when Jenni came to pick the kids up around 9. Love the sweet friendship these kids have with each other.
In other weekend news, gorgeous weather returned and we encouraged the girls to stay outside as much as possible and soak it up. Around 2 p.m. I decided to go lay down and read for a bit, so I fixed the girls up on the deck with some blankets and I could see them out my bedroom patio door as Jillian read to Adrienne for over 30 minutes. Love that.
And this. Adrienne decided she was so hot she needed to be outdoors in only a swimsuit. I checked the temperature when I took this picture and it was a balmy 55 degrees. Nuts. We are definitely raising some native Minnesotans!
No comments:
Post a Comment