This is not a post about a Garth Brooks album, despite the title (I just dated myself there, didn't I???). Adrienne is now officially in a bed with "no fences"! She's been looking pretty snug in the toddler bed (which uses the crib mattress) for awhile now, and so it was time. It took us a loooong time and a lot of sweat to discover where in the world we had "hidden" the adult rails to our 3 way crib, but finally we found them, still in the box amidst a pile of scrap wood in the basement of the extra garage. We purchased this crib nearly 7 years ago, and while the potential 3-way conversion (crib, toddler bed, full size bed) was a selling point for me, I was doubtful we'd actually get that far with it before it was destroyed. But, here we are, and I am so glad it actually worked out! Matt and the girls hitched up the trailer (finally, we have a trailer to haul stuff in...we also just hauled home a new storage fridge for the garage--yippee!) and went to purchase the mattresses on Thursday while I was at an appointment. I came home to find my "baby's" room looking very different.
 |
|
And here she sleeps. She looks mighty small in that big 'ol bed. She and I selected some bedding online and are anxiously awaiting its arrival next week. In the meantime, a quick trip to Target for some full-sized sheets and her cozy Frozen blanket will do just fine.
The only "problem" we have had with this transition has been some jealousy. Jillian can't seem to figure out why her younger sister now has a bigger bed than she does (hers is a twin). We have spent a lot of time explaining that Jillian has tons of shelving in her room that takes up space and this bed wouldn't fit right in her room. We've also discussed getting her a small desk, which probably needs to happen anyway, so this is easing her first-born pain. In the meantime, I suspect we will see a lot of this.....
Big girls! Love that they love their blankets. :)
ReplyDeleteI guess this is really making me face the fact that she is getting to be such a big girl.Time is flying by, wasn't it just yesterday she was a baby?
ReplyDeleteI guess this is really making me face the fact that she is getting to be such a big girl.Time is flying by, wasn't it just yesterday she was a baby?
ReplyDelete