template

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Antics of Adrienne

Oh man. I just don't even know what to say sometimes. Adrienne is the queen of interesting little antics that make me shake my head, clean up a mess, or honestly, just giggle. Most of the things she does are in the name of imagination, so it's hard to get upset at her, but someone should really teach this kid a few lessons. Last night at bed Adrienne told me she likes to do whatever Mrs Leif says. I asked her why she doesn't like to do what her mother says and her answer was "I just don't like to clean up". Maybe I can pay Mrs Leif on the side to consult with me? Or at least give me a copy of her special clean up song CD.

Caught in the act! It's hard to see in this picture, but she has an ENTIRE tube of Burt's Bees Pomegranate chapstick (was in an Easter egg she found on the hunt) smeared all over her eyebrows and above her lip and on her cheeks. I found her this way one hour post tucking into bed.

Caught in the act again! We had just gotten home from picking up Jillian, and the girls went upstairs to play. I happened to be talking to Aunt Meggie on the phone. I went up to help Jillian with something and I found Adrienne, tongue in cheek, standing on her chair at the sink and she had covered her dry hair in shampoo. This child has now caused me to revisit my previous opinion on Jack and Jill bathrooms. I was so excited to have one between the girls' rooms when we moved into this house, and now I know the truth: nothing good happens in a bathroom attached to a child's room. At least not my child's room.



And this. I went to turn off A's light at bedtime and I noticed some writing on her wall--a small backwards 's', and then a very large correct 'S'. This graffiti was designed in pen. I calmly asked her what in the world she was doing writing on her wall and her reply was one of casual confidence. "Well, I learned how to make the letter S". Congratulations. Next time, put it on paper kid. I've got a whole ream of it in the craft closet, remember? And I should also mention that in this same moment I discovered a pair of contraband scissors on her floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment