They say that third time is a charm, right? So I suppose this applies to potty training Adrienne. Over the last 9 months I have failed twice at potty training where she is concerned (and this puzzled me because she demonstrated all readiness signs), and now I whisper quietly (so she doesn't hear me and change her mind) that we've done it. Finally. Yipee! I am not sure what flipped the switch, but she decided that being in diapers wasn't working for her anymore. In the past whenever I told her I'd have to put a diaper on her if she didn't try to go potty she'd say, "OK!" but now she runs straight for the toilet if I make that "threat". After she goes she exclaims, "Mom, that's what big girls do!" Yes, it is, Adrienne. Yes, it is. I need to get online and find some more Bubble Guppies underwear (I will not shame myself by sharing how much money I spent for 6 pairs of her beloved Guppie-themed drawers last summer) because now that she is finally potty trained, she should really go up a size. Instead, she ignores the zillions of other more appropriately fitting pants in her drawer and begs for one of the pairs with Oona, Molly, and/or Deema. This girl and her Bubble Guppies. Hip hip hooray for you, Adrienne! We are all so proud of you!
 |
| Proud of her unner-wears. And the tutu (thanks, Cheri, for the tip on the tutu ordering. I have a whole gaggle now.) |
 |
| Those don't look too comfortable to me... |
 |
| OK, Adrienne, that's enough. Ladies keep their tutus down. |
 |
| Her long-awaited reward for potty training--her Molly doll! Poor Molly had been sitting in our laundry room just waiting for A to decide she would wear big girl pants. |
 |
| Molly gets A LOT of love |
No comments:
Post a Comment