template

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Leave The Truth Alone

Adrienne is something else. I can't really put into words how she is so similar to Jillian, yet so different at the same time. Her little nuances and ways are uniquely hers, and it just marvels me to think about all the qualities that God knit together to make Adrienne herself. Currently, she has two things she says in the heat of a battle or when she's angry that make me laugh. I had to write them down before I forget...

-"Just leave me alone" This can be said through gritted teeth and jutted-jaw, or it can be casually said in an off-handed way with a frown and a head tilt. It's hard to know which version you'll get.

And my favorite. Oh man, it's my favorite. If I could get it on video, I'd watch it 750 times day....

-You have to imagine that she is crying and red-faced and pouting at the same time, when she shouts in exasperation, "Mom, I'm asking you the truth!"Well actually, it's "troof", which makes it even cuter. She's not telling me the truth or asking me for something, she's ASKING ME THE TRUTH!  I know this is her version of hearing Jillian exclaim that she is telling me the truth when I question something, but she has turned it into a way to try and get what she wants. If she wants a treat and I tell her no, she uses this. If she wants to wear her beloved Christmas dress to Target and I tell her no, she uses this. If she wants to watch a show and I tell her no, she uses this. It's going to go down in history as one of my favorite expressions of hers ever.
First time pushing a cart in Hy-Vee. She thanked me every time I put something in the cart. Can you see the tutu over her clothes? We never leave home without one. In fact, I am looking to order a gaggle of washable tutus in various colors so that she will actually wear the clothes in her closet (under one the tutus of course)

And the pigtails. The pigtails get me. I admit I often intentionally give her pigtails to soften my heart towards her in the day when she is being a ridiculous stinker. It actually works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment