template

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Buddies

The girls are truly buddies these days, and are pretty inseparable. Most of the time, Adrienne plays whatever Jillian decides they should play and things go well. Sometimes Jillian would prefer to do a craft or color and then you can hear Adrienne pleading with her, "Jillian, PLEASE play with ME!" Pretend play schemes are the most visited, and Jillian's imagination runs wild as she creates lands for them to visit, makes up names, and often even tells A what to say (I'm always shocked when A obliges that. She can be pretty stubborn). These are precious bond-building times for their relationship and my heart gushes when I watch them play (except for those hair pulling and slapping moments). They are such a gift to each other, and my prayer is that they nurture their relationship and carry that bond with them wherever they go for the rest of their lives.

Little twinkies at the airport (before we decided not to go)

Playing "slumber party". J is giving me a dirty look because I told her I'm not quite ready for them to have a REAL slumber party.

Playing school. I hope J never decides to wear this get up (see those green undies?) for real.

Trying on flower girl dresses for our babysitter's June wedding

This is what happens when you let your fashion forward risk taking older sister dress you for church. Heaven help me. I was going to let it go, but Matt refused to allow them out of the house like this. I have seen much worse. He has no clue what I let go during the week!

This one kills me. They were headed to "winter land". J has A's socks on her hands as mittens, and the bandanna was functioning as a head wrap. Slight oversight at the midriff sweater, and who needs a skirt when you have tights this cool?  Love A's intentionally all-purple outfit and that big grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment