template

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Be Mine

We really extended the Valentine celebrations this year. Matt headed to KC for a long weekend to visit his dad (and the rest of the Howe family), while the girls and I stayed home. Jillian took the news of his absence better because I was able to spin it like this--"You get to celebrate Valentine's Day THREE times! Once at school, once with Mommy and A on actual Valentine's Day, and again with our whole family when Daddy gets home on Sunday!" We had a few tears here and there, but mostly this presentation of the situation worked. Some highlights of the celebrations.

Valentines arrived in the mail from both Grammy & Grandad and Grandpa and PopPop on Thursday. Nicely timed, Grandparents!

Ready for Bible study wearing the shirts I laid out in their rooms to surprise them when they woke

Some Valentine's goodies from Mom




Not sure what was going on with all the blurry pics on this date.

A post-Bible study lunch at Pi Pizza

Pi was giving out free heart-shaped Pi knots with pink glaze and sprinkles--pure glee for these 2!

I made a princess-worthy dinner of heart-shaped pancakes, bananas, and strawberries. Not exactly steak and lobster....

Sunday morning I enlisted some helpers to clean up the house before Daddy arrived home. They both requested gloves and trash bags. Whatever it takes.

Love A's expression

Daddy arrived mid-afternoon to two lovely gussied-up ladies. They promptly gave him the chocolate treats they selected for him.

And then Daddy went out to the car to bring in the surprises he came bearing for them. Love how they closed their eyes in anticipation.

It's hard not to peek when you're 2!

Here he comes!

Frozen dolls and ginormous teddy bears. Mommy could have done without the bears--I think stuffed animals are gross--but the girls were over the moon.

My clever valentine gift. A taste of KC basket Matt put together....complete with "trashy redneck Valentine card".  We soon enjoyed a more "proper" Valentine's meal of ribeyes with herb butter, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, roasted root vegetables, and a chocolate strawberry nutella cake. That's more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment