template

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Belly Up

The girls really like to belly up to the kitchen bar these days. Adrienne is now allowed to sit up here for snacks (instead of in her booster seat with tray), and we seem to have a tradition of a post-school smoothie.
This particular time was a yogurt-only morning snack, but Adrienne just cracked me up with her attire and expression so I had to snap the pic.
We often have quite the conversations during these smoothie breaks, and today Jillian asked me an interesting question, "Mom, what is a humble king?" That came out of nowhere, so I probed a bit more and she told me she heard the phrase on a song. Then I realized it was a song we had listened to frequently around Christmas time in preparation for me to sing it at Bible study (part of the lyrics to the chorus are "Emmanuel, our humble king, we give you our hearts as an offering...."). So then I was able to explain what 'humble' meant and then Jillian said, "Yep, I get it. Jesus FOR SURE is a humble king!" Never know what you're gonna get when you belly-up to the smoothie bar. This 'bartender' treasures these sweet times.
Today they took an early bath in the big master tub before our smoothie break and enjoyed the treat in their jammies! I admit this routine helps fill the gap of the "worst" hours of the day...those dreaded witching hours between school and dinner. When the bath is done early it gives Matt a break (he is the resident bather) and allows them to have more play time with him when he arrives.

A is doing great with these "big girl cups"

Smoothie-stache

No comments:

Post a Comment