template

Monday, February 24, 2014

Snowstravaganza

Holy moly! We had ourselves quite the proper snowstorm last week. I think when all was said and done we "only" had 8-10", but the way it fell was heavy and fierce, and it was followed by a day of 50 mph winds (which equals blizzard). This little storm bought us 2 days off of school/activities, and is still gifting us with horrendous roads 4 days later. Come anytime, Spring. Come anytime. That said, when the snow started falling it really was magical. It was warm (for once), and by that I mean about 35 degrees, and the winds hadn't yet picked up. This made for the perfect scene for some outdoor play. I had the girls all bundled up and ready to go outside when Matt announced he was on his way home early. He had a treacherous commute, but was rewarded by big fun with his girls (all 3 of us!). We had a blast outside together for over an hour as the snow fell around us.


Testing it out

Happy to be outside, no matter the weather!

Queen of the snow pile

One excited 2 year old

Happy to be wearing her scarf that Grammy knit for her

Daddy getting ready to sled down our hill....just waiting for his passenger who had some trouble making it up the steep hill. Do not worry, I didn't go anywhere near a sled. Learned my lesson last time with wrist injury. Stupid old lady ligaments.

I love this one. You can see Jillian's dramatics on the right side. It's hard to wait your turn.

Pretty trees out our back windows as the sun went down

The next day. Crazy snow piles up our front walkway

And the "little" pile of snow out back between the house and second garage. Anyone want to come visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment