Girls, your dad and I have decided to affectionately give you new nicknames. Collectively, you are "The Uns". Separately, we have Ungrateful (Jillian) and Uncooperative (Adrienne). These seem to be the themes we are dealing with these days, and so in spirit of your love of fairytales/princesses, we liken you to a couple of Snow White's dwarfs. A couple of examples....
Ungrateful, you threw a fit on Sunday as we pulled up to Target because I said "no" when you asked if you could pick out a new coloring book. I reminded you that you just had a birthday and a party the day before, and you said "But no one bought me a coloring book, and we have NONE". I'd like to remind you that we have at least 40 in the craft closet. It's embarrassing, really. You also told me that you "only got 3 presents" at the party. It seems you have already forgotten that you actually got SIX, not to mention the gazillion presents you got from everyone in our family in the few days prior. I'm about to send all of them to kids who really need them, and I will do it if you continue to tell me that everything I take you to do is "boring". You have so much to be thankful for. Let's be done with this drama, OK?
Uncooperative, you threw the hugest fit of your life in the bathtub on Saturday night after Ungrateful's party. You were absolutely beyond reason and unmanageable (and lucky you didn't land yourself a head injury in the bathtub with all your thrashing). Your dad was stunned. Secretly I was glad that he witnessed what has become the norm for you, because now he no longer thinks I'm crazy. On Sunday, you got your Pull-Up (I'd say panties, but we all know you decided you don't want 'em) in a wad over some buttons on your sweater that you wanted me to button. I buttoned the buttons to close the sweater, but the two decorative buttons on the pockets are not buttonable. At this moment we were standing at the check in of this new church we've been trying and you threw a most disastrous fit that caused me to want to flee and never return. You absolutely refused to enter the room after this point and could not recover. Your "consequence" was that you got to sit on my lap throughout the sermon because I had already dropped Ungrateful off at her class and she thinks this is the "best church EVER". I didn't need two fits to prove my awesome mothering abilities to all church attendees. When we got home you told your dad "I went to the music time with Mommy and then we got Jillian." You made sure to snuggle me and overtly kiss me about 75 times while in church and had everyone around us ooh-ing and ahh-ing over your adorableness. Apparently, none of these people were in earshot of the church during your fit. And, your resistance to getting in the car is really getting old and about breaks my arm every time I have to muscle your writhing, screaming body into the carseat. Can we be done with this ridiculousness, please?
I am only surviving by the grace of God and my good sense of humor. You are both lucky you are cute.
This is so funny. I hate to laugh at your expense but it's lovely to know I'm not the only one who has a house full of Uns. :)
ReplyDeleteLaugh away--I'm glad someone can relate to this madness!
Delete