Sometimes I pause from all the hurriedness and frazzled feelings and behavior management, and I am able to capture and appreciate some really sweet moments that I hope will be memories for the girls. A couple from this last week....
Matt worked a double shift on Tuesday, which meant he wouldn't be home until about midnight. It was super cold, rainy, and I hadn't adjusted to the darkness of standard time yet, so I decided the girls and I would stop at our favorite, Pi Pizza, for dinner immediately following swimming lessons. This meant we ate at 4:30. As we were eating I paged Matt and asked if he had eaten yet, and since he hadn't, we decided we would spontaneously deliver him a salad and pizza. Jillian requested to make him a picture--and while I had crayons in my purse, I didn't have any paper. So, we improvised, and we decorated his pizza box to make a truly original delivery to our favorite guy.
 |
| The pigtails on Adrienne just kill me. I can barely take it. |
On Wednesday, we were spontaneously invited to Culver's for a post-school ice cream treat with Ella and Chloe. All four girls were so precious together--eating ice cream and cooperatively finding pictures in a seek-and-find book that Ella brought.
 |
| Adrienne wears her amulet EVERYWHERE she goes. |
 |
| I think Jillian looks so mature with her hair pulled back like this (for the record, it was braided like Little Red Riding Hood's is in her fairy tale book. Her shirt was red with a hood, so therefore she was Little Red Riding Hood on this day). |
No comments:
Post a Comment