template

Monday, November 18, 2013

Lost

Adrienne, Adrienne, Adrienne. Where have you gone? How I miss you so. I really feel like you are lost. Not literally, of course, but I can't find my sweet-natured baby anywhere. All we see is a 2 year old creature who continues to regress in potty training (after ANOTHER poop-meets-hands-and-toys episode at "rest time" today, you are now officially in diapers full time again. No pull ups, no underwear, no potty treats, nothing. I'm ALL done, and over being played a fool. Desperate times call for desperate measures!) and who will fight us with all her might (kicking, screaming, hitting, flailing) to get in the car, refuse to come to the table, put pajamas on at bedtime, etc. It literally took your dad and I 10 minutes and all 4 of our hands to get you diapered and dressed after bath time tonight.  You scream when we pray at dinner in loud protest (I cannot figure out why, other than you don't like Jillian to sing), and your response to my allowing you to walk mostly anywhere (which is what I thought you wanted) is to throw yourself on the ground and scream "Carry me, Mom! Carry me, Mom!" over and over and over and over. We are totally drained and totally exasperated (not to mention flabbergasted) by this continued personality morph. It's really similar to what one might expect in a toddler who just gained a baby sibling--except you are NOT in this position (and WILL NOT be in this position). Seriously, where are you? Can we stop this madness already? You have officially given 'ornery' a new meaning. Even Jillian, your highly spirited sister, asks, "What are we going to do about Adrienne?!?"  We. Are. All. Stumped.

2 comments:

  1. She seems to be the same sweet A when I see her. ;) Hang in there sister. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't seen her since "the change". Brace yourself.

      Delete