It is true that I find the girls to be quite a handful most of the time these days. They are busy, full of spirit, energy, independence, and desire to strongly assert themselves in most all situations. This week (probably as a result of the upcoming holiday, and all the thankful themes that permeate every blog, story, or devotion I read) I have really been trying to let some of it go--to take a few deep breaths, let them be little, try to keep my cool, and just be thankful that I have these children. To be thankful they are healthy. To be thankful they are smart. To be thankful they love each other, and want to play together. To be thankful for the slimy kisses. To be thankful for the paper scraps all over the floor after a creative burst of energy. To be thankful for the little hands clinging to and pinching my legs as I try to cook dinner. To be thankful for the innocence of their minds and the purity of their hearts. To be thankful for the joyful noise that threatens to make my head explode most days. To be thankful for their questions. Oh, the endless questions. To be thankful for the Cheerios I step on multiple times a day. To be thankful for the expression of personality in wildly mismatched outfits. To be thankful for orneriness that ends up making me giggle. To be thankful for Jillian. To be thankful for Adrienne. Thank you, God, for these beautiful little blessings.
 |
|
 |
| And sleep. I am thankful for the sweet peace of slumber. |
Matt took the girls out for some errands and a trip to Chuck E Cheese today so I could have some alone time to get some holiday cooking done (add this to my thankful list!). They came home with a new little friend. We may not be eating turkey at our house this year (5 weeks until the pescetarian/vegetarian year ends....everyone better get out of my way at Newt's on New Year's Eve. Nothing will stand between me and my marvin's burger. Nothing.), but we still have turkey in 'da house! Happy Thanksgiving from all three of the little turkeys!
 |
| We were about to watch a rest time movie, hence the pajamas. Jillian insists all movies be watched in pajamas, even if they are seasonally inappropriate. I think it slightly ironic that while turkey is not part of our thanksgiving feast this year, the cute little crabs on the pajamas just happen to be....it's a low country Thanksgiving over here, y'all. |
No comments:
Post a Comment