We had a snow day yesterday, complete with blizzard conditions. Oh goody. Jillian was dramatically upset about the cancellation of school--her last day before Christmas break. This meant the delay of her class's Jesus Birthday Party, and that her Spanish teacher would not receive her hand-delivered gift. We had tears, drama, and some frustrated behavior. Matt wondered what in the world could be wrong with Jillian that would cause her to be upset about a day off of school. I told him to give her a few years. Thankfully, we recovered and survived our day of stranded-ness. We were indeed stranded, as I sent Matt to work in my car (has 4WD)--no way was his old junker going to make it in this stuff, and I had no intention of venturing out. A few pics from the day...
 |
| We made cookies. Finally. I was feeling lazy so declared we would not be frosting them. Jillian had to get over that disappointment, too. |
.JPG) |
| In the end, all was well. Proud of those lovely treats! |
.JPG) |
| We played dress-up, and apparently were not concerned about low-cut dresses. |
.JPG) |
| We wore polka dots and sat in a polka dotted chair. |
 |
| And a little elf insisted on making another appearance. Again. |
Matt made it home just in time for me to make a white-knuckled drive into town for my evening MRI. I was bummed to find out the results this morning showed my little slip on the stairs last week caused a few problems. You know it's not good when your radiologist husband calls and says, "Malia, you really hurt yourself". He had to see it to believe it, I think. Here's the short diagnosis: messed-up shoulder. The long diagnosis: shoulder dislocated briefly during the fall, which tore part of the labrum (cartilage around the joint that helps hold it in place), the anterior glenohumeral ligament, and internal capsule, and caused an impaction fracture. Awesome. I have x-rays on Wednesday, followed by an appointment with a shoulder specialist, and a PT appointment. Note to self: Do not, under any circumstances, happily trot down the stairs again because you have finally put your crazy children to bed. You just might take a tumble you wish you hadn't!
No comments:
Post a Comment