template

Monday, December 24, 2012

Geography

Jillian and I selected gifts for and packed a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child this year. Her preschool/our church participated in collecting the boxes, and I found it amazing to learn that 782 boxes were donated at this one site! Yesterday, I got an e mail from the organization informing me that our box was headed to Kenya. I was excited to tell Jillian and we had a conversation at dinner about it. She asked where Kenya was, so Matt enthusiastically got the globe out and started a geography lesson..."This is the WHOLE world. This is where we live, this is where Grandpa lives.." , and so on, and "All the way over here is Kenya". He started in on some more details before she interrupted--"Hey Dad, do you know where Santa lives? Here let me show ya." And then she quickly took the globe from him, turned it and immediately pointed exactly to the North Pole. "Here, Dad. Santa lives at the North Pole. Right here".  We will have to work on expanding the focus of her world view. Ho Ho Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment