template

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Marylanders

Grandma and Pop Pop just returned to Maryland after a week-long visit at our house. We had so much fun with them, and the girls loved spending time with them. Adrienne was especially enamored with Pop Pop. Grandma would go in to get her in the mornings upon waking, and she'd just request "Pop Pop!" He spent a LOT of time reading stories to her (and George, of course)
We spent most of our time just hanging around the house, but we did have an adults-only dinner out on Saturday night in celebration of Grandma and Pop Pop's anniversary. 300 First is always good for some fun beverages!
I managed to slip while coming down our stairs Thursday evening and hurt my dominant left shoulder (awaiting an MRI later this week), and Adrienne came down with the croup early Sunday morning. The timing of two extra adults to help out was especially handy! We are thankful for our pediatrician friend who made sure Adrienne got steroids promptly to avoid a second scary night, and saved us an ER visit in the process. She loved the extra snuggles and attention from Grandma and Pop Pop while recovering.

I always regret that I don't take more pictures when we have visitors. Maybe one day I will get my act together. Thank goodness for my cell phone...I suppose there are times when my attachment to it is healthy.
More books for Adrienne--she will sit and listen to stories for a long time

This is my new definition of "Happy Hour": occupied children during the pre-dinner hours!

Two pretty girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment