Adrienne likes to "sing". By sing, I mean shriek and squeal continuously in a happy manner. She loves it if you squeal right back at her, and usually will bust out into a belly laugh. Her laughs are contagious, and if you are having trouble eliciting one, all it takes is a little tickle around her collarbone to get her going. The sound is truly music to my ears.
Just this weekend, Adrienne discovered her feet. She began noticing them awhile ago, but suddenly she can grab them without effort and even pull her socks off. She loves to lay and hold her feet as she looks around a room
Adrienne is dying to sit up. It is obvious because when you lay her on the floor to play, she quickly assumes a boat-pose in attempt to see what is going on around her. As a result, the girl has some serious abs! I suspect she'll be sitting alone within the next 4-6 weeks based on the amount of trunk control she already demonstrates. She'll only be inhibited by her mother who is tired of watching her projectile vomit the instant she works on the skill. Darn reflux! Some days are pukier than others, but she continues to not appear bothered by the mess, and for that we are grateful.
Adrienne isn't sleeping as well as she was at my last report. I'm trying to figure out if she's in a long growth spurt, or if it is time for me to practice some tough love. In any case, I have certainly spoiled her by nursing her to sleep at night because I also have Jillian to consider. At the end of a long day, I'm ready for both children to be sleeping soundly, as quickly as possible, so I've not worked up the strength to address the little problem. Luckily, Adrienne has been going to bed between 7 and 8, which is giving Matt and I some much-needed time in the evening. I am usually awake around 2 to feed A, and then often again at 5 or 6. I can usually get her back to sleep again before getting her up for the day around 8. She almost always takes some sort of short morning nap when we are out and about, and again later in the day. My current task is working on more of a schedule that allows her to nap in her crib (as opposed to her car seat) at least once a day, but for now, I am thankful she rolls with whatever craziness we have going each day. She already appears so patient and consolable...qualities I find particularly endearing in an infant! She's a gem, and we all love her to pieces. You are one sweet baby, Adrienne Elizabeth. A precious little blessing, to be sure.
![]() |
| I often point out the differences between the girls, but there is no denying the striking resemblance here, arm position and all. |

No comments:
Post a Comment