I have a crazy good memory. Since becoming a mom, however, some of it has been obliterated--the part that remembers to make phone calls on time, find words mid-sentence, and recall whether or not medicine has been taken. I do still have much of it intact, but the part of it that isn't very useful--like what we had for dinner 2 weeks ago, or what Jillian wore to school last Friday, or middle names of most everyone I know. This brings me to the point of this post--it was exactly 1 year ago today that I discovered I was pregnant. It seems like such an odd thing to remember (yep, I could tell you the exact date I learned of baby Jillian, too).
It blows me away to think that I went from feeling surprised (and admittedly a bit worried) while staring at this....
To feeling overwhelmed with gratitude and joy as I gaze at this lovely sight......
...in just one trip around the sun. And that, my friends, is the difference a year can make.
No comments:
Post a Comment