Today I became the mother of a 3 year old. On some level it is hard to imagine that Jillian is already three, and on another, it feels as though we've always had her. Her growth in all areas over this last year truly astounds me, and she really is a sort of "grown-up" little person with her inquiries, conversational abilities, and awareness of others' feelings. This kid is seriously smart. She remembers absolutely everything, never missing a beat. It is often difficult for me to remember she is as young as she is because she is so verbally mature. Lately she has started to listen in on our conversations, asking "What are you guys talking about?" whenever Matt and I are engaged in a discussion we thought she would ignore or not hear. It is obviously time to truly censor the subject matter in her presence, unless we want it repeated! Jillian is a true extrovert (like her momma), and is so energized by being with others. You can just see her bust at the seams with excitement when she enters any social situation, whether at school, music class, the RAC, church, etc. She sincerely loves people, and they seem to be drawn to her energy and vivacious spirit. Jillian is incredibly independent. She insists on doing everything herself, from getting the milk out of the fridge, to turning on the lights, climbing up on the potty (thankfully, she still asks me to wipe), dressing herself, shutting the car door, brushing her teeth, etc. She is just
that big. My big girl. I reminded her of this last week as we tumbled out of the car upon return from school. I asked her to carry her backpack and lunch box in the house so that I could carry Adrienne inside. I said, "You're my big girl, so you can be responsible for carrying your own bag". She replied with a confident grin, "That's right mom. I'm your big girl. I'm your daughter, Mom. I'm yours!" Yes, Jilly Bean, you are mine....and I am so glad. Happy Birthday to you, Jillian Michelle Howe. You are one of a kind!
 |
| Birth Day |
 |
| 1st Birthday |
 |
| 2nd Birthday |
 |
| The big girl today--her 3rd Birthday |
No comments:
Post a Comment