template

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from our little pumpkins....er, I mean from Snow White and her sidekick, who can be referred to as an X-Ray (what else is the infant daughter of a radiologist supposed to be???), or in Jillian's terms, "a skill-i-tor" (skeleton)




 Since Matt got stuck working evenings this week, he had to miss the trick-or-treat fun. I was not wild about the idea of hauling a baby out in the cool evening air while trying to finagle an excited Snow White through darkened streets, so I was happy to discover that our local mall offered trick-or-treating. Jillian still got to trick-or-treat, and my desire to stay warm and easily keep everyone warm and safe was satisfied. It was a win-win for us all!


Snow White was intrigued by Gumby, and kept asking "What's your name?"

I was shocked to see that she wasn't afraid to pose with the clown...she normally is terrified of them

Adrienne was happy as a clam being pushed through the mall. She kept herself entertained by chewing on her fingers.
After making the rounds at the mall, we rushed home to order pizza and hand out candy until it was time for bed. Jillian and I were disappointed by the lack of trick-or-treaters this year, and I had to shut down the operation at 7 to do bath and bed routines for both girls. By the time I got Adrienne asleep it was nearly 9, so we were left with a ridiculous amount of candy that we do not need. I will be finding a place for donation ASAP!
I should also record that we did in fact carve a pumpkin this year. I figured that Jillian would enjoy the chance to do this, especially given her love of messy play. I was wrong. She refused to touch the pumpkin "guts" and kept trying to get Matt to put the lid back on. She really just appeared grossed out by the whole process.
 I finally convinced her to participate by giving her a spoon to stir the gooey mess. She obliged for a brief second.
 Despite her aversion to the experience, she loved going outside to light up our creation and watch it glow.
We celebrated the day after Halloween by leaving the house extra early to arrive at Target at 8 a.m. I promptly grabbed eight fun costumes (at 50% off each) to stock our dress-up bin. I see lots of pretend play in our future.

1 comment: