template

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekly Gems

Before I forget them (I know I already have lost some), here are a few more gems that came from the mouth of Jillian this week:

-After breaking part of one of her games, I told her I would fix it. She looked at me, stroked my arm reassuringly and said, "It's OK, Mom. You don't need to fix this. Only dads can fix stuff. My daddy will do it"

-As I loaded her into her car seat yesterday morning for a Jilly/Mommy Panera date, she looked over at Adrienne's car seat base and said, "I used to sit there, Mom. You 'member that? And I didn't have no hair then!"

-More Biblical "wisdom" after preschool on Wednesday....
Me: "What did you learn about today?"
J: "We talked about Noah"
Me: "Oh yeah, what did he do?"
J: "He built a boat"
Me: "Yep, then what?"
J: "God made it rain."
Me: "How long did it rain?"
J: "About 2 hours"

And in other news...Adrienne found her hands this week. She is fascinated by them, and will marvel at their wonder for long periods of time (where 12 week olds are concerned, that is). I also noticed she is batting at objects with purpose, mostly her bassinet mobile and my hair. Finally, she had one night where she slept for 9.5 hours straight! 10 pm-7:30 am. I would have wept with joy except I was too busy feeling irritated by the fact that Jillian was up at 1 am telling me "Mom, I'm awake!", and then ready to greet the day with full-force at 5:20. Thank goodness for strong coffee, a sense of humor...and for the help of Grammy who was staying with us while Matt was out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment