Jillian is suddenly interested in marriage. This began last week when we were talking about Grammy going home to Grandad. She wanted to know why she was going, and I told her that Grandad was her husband and that she has to live with him. This led to me reminding her that her dad is my husband and that someday she would have a husband, too. Her response to that? "But I want a husband NOW!" I told her to enjoy her uncomplicated life as a single woman as long as she can...
A couple of days later when she and I were at Panera, she randomly asked where her friend Bekah (older sister of her dear buddy Max) was. I told her that Bekah was probably at home with Max. She quickly asked, "Is Max Bekah's husband?" Before I could answer she continued, "No wait, Max is MY husband!" She dropped the subject for a few minutes, and then brought up Max in some other context. I said, "Max is such a good friend, isn't he?" She quickly put me in my place: "NO! Max is my HUSBAND!" OK, I clearly didn't get it the first time.
So, this brings us to today. Jillian spent the day at Mayo Back-Up daycare, and was proud to show me all her "crafts" when I picked her up. The teacher informed me that they made family trees today, and that Jillian sure had a lot of people in her family. I thought that was an odd comment, considering a family of four is pretty common these days. I looked down at her project and my heart melted into a mush of goo.
Jillian's tree was comprised of Mommy, Daddy, Jillian, Baby Sister......and Max. I guess she is serious about this husband business!
No comments:
Post a Comment