My sweet Adrienne is 3 months old today already. I feel as though she has really come alive, developmentally speaking, in the past week. New accomplishments include pivoting in supine (see previous post), exploring her hands, blowing raspberries, and beginning to roll from back to tummy. She isn't able to get her arm out from underneath her to technically meet this milestone, but as you can see it is pretty darn close.
Adrienne is sleeping very well for a babe of her age, and was beginning to fall into a nice 8ish hour pattern (approx 10 p.m.-6 a.m.) for a couple of weeks. This week she suddenly decided she needs to eat around 4 a.m., but then promptly falls back asleep until around 8 or so. I suspect this is due to a growth spurt, and hope she'll resume 8+ consecutive hours again soon. She also graduated from sleeping in her bassinet next to our bed to sleeping in her crib in her own room within the last week. It is nice to not have to worry about Matt's alarm (and repeated snooze button pushing) potentially waking her each morning.
Adrienne continues to be relatively laid back and is easily pleased by being held or talked to. I think the zantac we've been using for reflux has really helped her disposition in the evenings, and she seems much more comfortable. She is just about the snuggliest baby I've ever had the pleasure of holding and I cherish the feeling of holding her close as she sleeps peacefully in my arms. Even early in the morning it is sometimes hard for me to put her back into her crib after she falls asleep. To top it off, she is so darn cute I can hardly stand it. See?
People often ask if we think she and Jillian look alike. Our answer continues to be "yes and no". Many times we think she is looking more and more like Matt every day, with different shaped eyes than Jillian. Other times, especially when asleep and in a profile view, we think she looks exactly like Jillian. I had one of those moments earlier this week when I bundled her up on a chilly morning and experienced a little deja vu. Here is 3 month old Adrienne....
And here is 3 month old Jillian.......
Adrienne, you are a true joy and we all adore you. (Yes, even Jillian. She just doesn't always know how to show it appropriately).


No comments:
Post a Comment