template

Friday, March 27, 2015

Destruction

Where do I begin? We are living in a destruction (as opposed to construction of course) zone, primarily caused by my dear second born. Just this week I caught her "puddle jumping" on my living room rug after dumping an entire 32 oz bottle of water in one spot (her accomplice was sitting there watching her and laughing), ripping fins off of toy robot fish and putting them inside the jets in my big tub (these have not been successfully retrieved yet), and as she ran to the bathroom this afternoon she realized she wasn't going to make it, so just stopped and exclaimed, "Oh no, I'm not going to make it" before letting it all rush out on the hardwood floor. But the main issue we are dealing with here is the state of her bedroom and bathroom sink. Lord, have mercy, it is awful. Clothes everywhere, drawers constantly open and rifled through, money, strewn about from her piggy banks, it's just awful. Yesterday I found a spoon in her pajama drawer. When I inquired about it she said, "Oh, I was just using it to try and get my snow globes out from under the dresser". Of course. The bathroom sink is always full of toothpaste, and the toothbrush holder never actually holds a toothbrush. We have frequent episodes of water on the floor after she's been put to bed (because she's in there doing her hair or "making something"). I could go on and on and on. Instead, I'll just show some pictures that I snapped one night when I made my nightly check of the girls before I headed to bed.
We do actually have a step stool, but it never gets used for its intended purpose. And we also have cups other than toy tea cups.

It's hard for A to find just the right toothpaste. She's on such a mission this night that she even went as far to dig the tall Aquafresh pump OUT OF THE DIRTY BATHROOM TRASH and give it a sample. 

She is not not allowed access to any toothpaste without a grown up's help. "I was trying to make a beautiful project with pink toothpaste!"


Pretty sure I could brush my teeth for a week with the amount of toothpaste sitting in this sink.

This is actually not too bad. Why yes, that's a flameless candle just laying on the floor

Perhaps we should just forgo a dresser and just put a big plastic bin in its place?

Hanger casualties are common. I assumed it was from pulling down on them in the closet, but when I inquired about them I got a different answer. "Mom, I'm just trying to be Merida from Brave"




It seems that hangers must be sacrificed in the name of imaginary bows. Sigh.
Oh mischievous one, you sleep so sweetly and innocently. I am not fooled!

3 comments:

  1. Your posts make me so happy to know I am not alone in my parenting struggles. I think your girls and Boyd must conspire about some of their mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, now that girl is into some chaos! Ornery but so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, now that girl is into some chaos! Ornery but so so cute!

    ReplyDelete