template

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A-D-R-I-E-N-N-N-E

Adrienne can finally spell her ridiculously long name! She's got it down so well, in fact, that she excitedly throws an extra 'n' in there when she rattles it off proudly--"A-D-R-I-E-N-N-N-E!" It's important to know that she spells slowly and rhythmically until she gets to those n's, and then it's like rapid fire n's (kind of like when you get to the l-m-n-o-p in the ABC's...come on, admit it, everybody runs through those letters so fast like they are not important). She's been working on writing her name for awhile, but suddenly can just do it. At Valentine's Day I had to write all the letters of her name on every valentine except the A. Now, she's got all the letters down and in proper order (the extra N only comes in play if she's saying it--she gets the correct number when she writes it)

The first paper I've seen where she just picked it up and labeled her coloring with her name without asking. Pretty darn good for such a long name!

My Starbucks monster. When she ordered her hot chocolate yesterday the barista asked her for her name, so she spelled it proudly for her and carried her labeled cup around like a badge of honor long after that sweet stuff was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment