template

Friday, March 20, 2015

March Madness

I have not been a fan of March this year. It's been full of madness, and not the basketball variety that I prefer. Speaking of basketball, I shudder to admit I (we, Matt is guilty too) haven't watched even one college basketball game this year. And I didn't fill out a bracket. And I haven't a clue what is going on. That is beyond strange and sort of sacrilegious to me! We began March with Matt away for 6 days (after working a week of nights, which is just the same as traveling in terms of seeing the girls), he then came home for about 30 hours (in which he worked all day, and then went to MSP for an event he donated to in order to meet Adam Carolla--his long standing comedic hero. How could I say no?), then left again to go to Scottsdale for 5 days. I was supposed to be on that Scottsdale trip with him (sans girls), but our childcare fell through when Grammy got put in a boot for a stress fracture. Such is life. To say we haven't had normalcy would be completely accurate. Never a dull moment. But--lots of sweet stuff mixed in the crazy.


A nice slice to my finger one Sunday night on my new food processor had me bleeding all over the house just as I was to put my kids to bed. I tried to face time Matt while gushing blood, but he wasn't any help. Thank goodness for dear friends Mark and Julie who came to rescue and examine me to be sure I didn't need to haul my girls into the ER with me for stitches. Two weeks later I can finally stop doctoring this wound.


The girls finally got brave enough to watch 'Brave', and Adrienne drew a pretty darn good freehand of Merida afterwards. The colors are spot-on.

Thank you to my BFF for doing all the work of having a third baby so that I can enjoy him! I heart baby Jack Taunton.

Ever wonder what an entire jar of Trader Joe's salsa looks like when spilled in your fridge? May it never happen to you.


The girls and I made a spontaneous dinner trip to Newt's as a result of the above spill.


Awesome moon rising on our way home from the Newt's dinner as we drove into our neighborhood. I love how you can really see the glory of the moon out in 'the country'. The girls are always taken aback when they are out after dark and they were SO excited to see this moon!

Painting ceramic eggs at Color Me Mine while Daddy was en route to Scottsdale (sniff)

Sending snuggles to daddy via pic while reading bedtime stories. Don't you love my lovely necklace handmade by the pop bead masters of the house?

Adrienne and I got to take Eleyna out for lunch on her birthday!

I finally ordered and received my 2014 blog books. I always feel so proud and thankful when they arrive and I see all my time, energy, thoughts, and memory actually on paper.

Step 1 to soothing a grumpy single-parenting soul: buy a lot of flowers at Trader Joe's


Step 2: Piano therapy. So so thankful for our beautiful piano and our angel of a teacher. She is fabulous!


The resident comedian made sure to always keep us laughing. "Ha ha! I'm a panty head!"

Lastly, I'll spare everyone the pictures of the gross eyes we've had in the house this week. First, Jillian--an abrasion caused by rubbing her eyes after being outside on a windy day (probably had dirt in them) caused eye pain, redness, and discharge that I thought was pinkeye...but wasn't! Second, Adrienne woke up with a gross eye today that IS pink eye. Awesome. And the dishwasher was broken this week for 6 loooong days, but now it is fixed. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment