Jillian lost her first tooth on December 5th! The girls were playing in Jillian's room around bedtime when Jillian came downstairs puzzled because "Something fell out of my mouth!" While her tooth had been loose for awhile, she hasn't been the kind to really mess with it. Apparently she put the end of a blown up balloon between her teeth while being silly, and Adrienne chided her for doing so while ripping the balloon (and incidentally, the tooth!) out of her mouth. This milestone caught me by surprise. And so did the tears I shed over it. There's just something very big-kid about losing teeth. The tooth fairy of course came, and while the mom tooth fairy thought a $1 bill was plenty, the dad tooth fairy insisted on a $5. The funny thing is that when she woke to find her money she came down to me perplexed. "I though the tooth fairy brought the circle kind of money." Seems a quarter would have sufficed!
 |
| She looks a little bit like a vampire with the still-bloody mouth |
 |
| With the balloon and the accomplice |
 |
| Here's a fun little fact. This is my tooth box from when I was a kid. I picked it out of the birthday box on my first day of kindergarten in 1983 (which also happened to be my 5th birthday). I'm not sure how such a small item survived all these years, but it was pretty cook to be able to give this to Jillian to use. |
No comments:
Post a Comment