Christmas day was relaxing and fun, just the four of us. The girls were up about 6:45, full of glee and excitement. They really took their time opening and enjoying presents this year, and we managed to stretch the experience (with a short break for some waffles) until about 11. We watched Aladdin for the first time (they hadn't seen that one yet and Matt was able to obtain it as a Christmas gift), played games, did more cooking, and packed for Des Moines.
 |
| Bright eyed and bushy tailed --ready to do this present thing |
 |
| Opening stockings |
 |
| Matt thought the "Fireplace for your home" show on Netflix was hilarious. Extra warm in our living room! |
 |
| Santa brought Jenga so we stopped to play a couple games |
 |
| I had some trouble remembering what was wrapped in what and I accidentally gave Adrienne what I thought would be her favorite present very early in the game. |
 |
| This picture is hilarious, because you can see that J isn't super thrilled about the gift she opened at the same time that Adrienne opened the Elsa doll. |
 |
| She's a smart one, though. She quickly found a box that looked the same as A's and asked to open it--she was relieve to see her Anna doll. |
 |
| New twirly dresses and tights |
 |
| J opening what she declared her very favorite gift |
 |
| Her first cookbook--a Disney Princess cookbook--from Grandma and Pop Pop |
 |
| These were my favorite gifts---personalized superhero capes and masks. Superflykids.com is an awesome website. |
 |
| Super A and Super J to the rescue! |
 |
| I mean, really. How can you not crack up looking at this? |
 |
| Showing off some pretty name/initial necklaces from Grandpa and Debbie |
 |
| The queen got her ice palace! |
 |
| Daddy looks good in his new shades |
 |
| More Jenga--this time pre-dinner with a lovely sunset in the background |
 |
| We normally bake Jesus a birthday cake on Christmas, but since we were leaving town the next morning I wanted to do an ice cream cake. Then I got lazy. So...we decided that birthday sundaes would fit the bill for the celebration. Adrienne understood the sundaes to be "Jesus' birth sundowns" so that's what we called them. Go with it. |
 |
| Once again, in a chocolate trance |
 |
| This kid and her sweet tooth....it's as strong as her momma's |
Matt took this time lapse with an app on his phone of the present opening. Super cool. I even make an appearance in it--proof I was there! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment