I might not make it. Seriously. Send help now, my 21 month old does NOT want to nap. This is over a YEAR sooner than Jillian tried to play this card. Four out of the last five days have been napless (heavy, heavy sigh). The thing is, however, she clearly still needs one. She is so crazy and out of sorts when she doesn't nap that it's almost funny (except it's not). I really think (read hope and pray) that this is because of her new-found knowledge that she can actually get in and out of her bed. So, it is time to explore. Time to tip the diaper genie over, time to play in the blinds, time to remove clothes from her drawer, time to try and sit in her bottom drawer, time to pull everything off her dresser top, time to sing "Mama Mia" and "The Clean Up Song" a million times, time to pull all of the wipes out of the container, time to look at every book, time to try and remove the child proof knob from the door, you get it. This means I am running up and down the stairs about 75 times in a 2 hour period removing things from her room that she finds that could either be of danger to her, or prevent her from actually falling asleep. We may have to resort to bed only, which would be a huge bummer, but I'm willing to do it if it means she will nap and I can retain one last shred of sanity. The funny thing is that I built Jillian's school year schedule around a still-napping Adrienne next year. Guess the joke is on me! Ah, so it goes in the land of mothering. I am not giving up yet. I will stay the course, and will engage in this battle. My caffeine intake will surely increase (and let's be real, so will my evening wine intake!), but I will sit and wait (or rather, intervene a zillion times to keep her safe) for this phase to pass. Lord help us all if it doesn't!
Scenes from yesterday's "nap":
 |
| What are you looking at, Mom?? |
After two hours, I gave up and put her in her booster with some stickers/paper. I went to fold a load of laundry in my bedroom and when I came out I saw her bobbing away as she was falling asleep to the lull of the dishwasher!
 |
| Going |
 |
| Going... |
 |
| Gone. |
 |
| Out cold. |
 |
| After a 20 minute snooze, Jillian came and woke her. This is the face of a toddler who NEEDS a nap. You can imagine how our evening went... |
No comments:
Post a Comment