template

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Moms and Muffins

I had the privilege of attending Moms and Muffins again this year at Jillian's preschool. To say that it was a precious morning would be an understatement. The children were quietly waiting for their mothers to arrive, each anxiously holding a seat next to them at the snack table. I thought Jillian was going to literally jump through the roof when she saw me, because she was so darn excited. I felt my eyes get a little misty because she was so sincerely glad to have me visit her classroom, and I know that the time will quickly come when she is embarrassed to have me at school. We enjoyed muffins and donut holes, and then each child presented the mom with a 'flower' they had created for the occasion. Jillian said, "I love you, Mom" when she gave me the one she made.




After our snack, the children treated us to a smashing musical performance. The spontaneous selections included, "My God is So Big", "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "This Little Light of Mine", and "Mommy is My Special Friend". The various personalities of the kids kept me in stitches nearly the whole time. As you might imagine, Jillian was singing loud and proud most of the time, not afraid to be heard or seen. What was so funny to me is that she was in such stark contrast to her friend, Cora, who was performing some award-winning pouting during the performance. Cora's mom said she liked them to a "bright, dancing flower and  a sad, wilting flower" when she sent me this picture

My bright and dancing flower, who refuses to leave her hair clip in! That mop of a mess on her head is definitely her trademark

A lovely group of individual personalities


Pre performance jitters?

Now for the fun stuff...a couple video clips of the "show". I especially love the little ninja's interjections, and the expressions of the boy in the orange plaid shirt.





Following the performance, we made some beautiful hearts as a service project to shower a Minnesota girl with love. You can read about June and watch a video clip of her here.


Working diligently


Jillian made June a "colorful heart"


She wrote their names on the back and thought it was pretty cool that they both started with J.


No comments:

Post a Comment