Jillian is begging me for her own racket, but I told her she has to play for awhile and decide it is something she wants to stick with before we do that (she has a long list of other things she wants to try...gymnastics, dance, soccer). She thinks it is pretty cool that we are both learning to play tennis. I started reluctantly in September (Jenni asked me to try it with her), and have really grown to love it. My old competitive spirit has resurfaced, but unfortunately, my body really has aged 17 years since high school and my volleyball skills don't transfer so well to tennis. In any case, our class has decided that we will probably play in a doubles league this summer, which should really be interesting. Maybe someday Jillian and I can play doubles together...for now, enjoy some pics and video clips of Jillian's class. I'll leave my old-lady tennis skills to your imagination.
template
Friday, April 19, 2013
Tennis Training
Jillian has been asking to try tennis for awhile, and we finally found a time this RAC session that doesn't interfere with school or a weekend (I'm holding out on scheduled Saturday stuff as long as I can). She started last week, and is the only girl in a class with 2 other boys. It is precious to watch the kids, and God bless their coach for having the patience to try and teach 4 year olds how to play tennis!
Jillian is begging me for her own racket, but I told her she has to play for awhile and decide it is something she wants to stick with before we do that (she has a long list of other things she wants to try...gymnastics, dance, soccer). She thinks it is pretty cool that we are both learning to play tennis. I started reluctantly in September (Jenni asked me to try it with her), and have really grown to love it. My old competitive spirit has resurfaced, but unfortunately, my body really has aged 17 years since high school and my volleyball skills don't transfer so well to tennis. In any case, our class has decided that we will probably play in a doubles league this summer, which should really be interesting. Maybe someday Jillian and I can play doubles together...for now, enjoy some pics and video clips of Jillian's class. I'll leave my old-lady tennis skills to your imagination.
Jillian is begging me for her own racket, but I told her she has to play for awhile and decide it is something she wants to stick with before we do that (she has a long list of other things she wants to try...gymnastics, dance, soccer). She thinks it is pretty cool that we are both learning to play tennis. I started reluctantly in September (Jenni asked me to try it with her), and have really grown to love it. My old competitive spirit has resurfaced, but unfortunately, my body really has aged 17 years since high school and my volleyball skills don't transfer so well to tennis. In any case, our class has decided that we will probably play in a doubles league this summer, which should really be interesting. Maybe someday Jillian and I can play doubles together...for now, enjoy some pics and video clips of Jillian's class. I'll leave my old-lady tennis skills to your imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment