Oh Jillian, you are full of conversation ideas lately. The questions you ask, expressions you use, and words you fumble are true sources of delight in our day.
-I stubbed my toe on Adrienne's high chair one day, and Jillian very seriously asked me to come upstairs to her room. I entered and she said, "Mom, I'm the dr. I need to give you a checkout".
-When a large spider suddenly sprinted across the kitchen and I hollered at Jillian to move so I could get it, she asked (after I finished the job), "Was that close, Mom?" (yes, it was!)
-Currently, I am the book reader her bedtime routine. One night she had me read some kitty board book of Adrienne's. It was very disjointed and had no plot. At the end, I made a comment about it not being a very good story. Jillian sweetly replied, "Mom, this book makes me happy." (so we read it again)
-I informed Jillian last Tuesday that we were going to go to the local nursery for a Wee Wednesday gardening class the next morning. She had a few basic questions about what was going to happen, and then she matter-of-factly asserted, "The class is going to be in Japan". (I didn't know she knew anything about Japan, or that it even existed)
-We were set to have lunch with a friend last week, who happens to be the wife of one of Matt's colleagues. They were on the same Hawaii trip as us back in February so Jillian got to know Shirlyn pretty well. I told her we were going to meet Shirlyn over her lunch hour and eat at Pi pizza. Jillian asked, "Is Mr. Marcus coming?" (her husband's name is Mark) I said, "Who?" and she said in a sort of exasperated tone, "You know, Mom, he's the one who goes with Shirlyn".
-After helping her wash her hands the other day, "Mom, can I go to the moon sometimes?"
-In Target last week, "Mom, what's under the snow?"
-In the car on Friday, out of nowhere came, "Mom, I miss Devin. You remember, Brooke's....father. Yep. Her father, right?" (Devin is Brooke's husband)
-Matt put his new grill together this morning. Jillian was doing her best to "help" him. At one point she came into the house frustrated and exclaimed, "Mom, I don't have any destructions!" (instructions)
-While we were in Des Moines a couple of weeks ago, Jillian was being pretty naughty before bed one night and repeatedly disobeyed me. We have been talking about what the word "obey" means a lot, and I know she understands it. I finally asked her, "Jillian, do you remember what God says your job is as a kid?" Without a bit of hesitation she demonstratively waved her arms and shouted, "BE FRIENDLY!" (I stifled my giggle, of course, and affirmed that yes, she should be friendly, but that she needs to obey her mom and dad)
-And my personal favorite, while shopping in Hobby Lobby (what kind of crazy woman takes two small kids to Hobby Lobby???) last week at a time when Adrienne was clearly done with the shopping trip and was making her dissatisfaction known, Jillian said, "A, you are killing me!!" (It was even funnier in the store because a fellow shopper overheard and thought it was hilarious).
We could not stop laughing at the Japan one...literally laughing out loud! :) miss you guys!
ReplyDelete