Jillian attended the RAC Cheer Camp this week, and she had a fantastic time expending some of her endless energy. The camp ran for 3 days (30 min each afternoon), then every age group met at the Rochester Honkers Baseball field Friday morning for a rehearsal, and performed at the game later that night. Jillian was very excited for what she called, "the big show", and made it a point to remind me throughout the week that "girls can't play baseball". I am not sure where she got that idea, but she was quite focused on that. She was slightly confused on the first day of camp because no baseball players were present--I think she expected the entire week to be one "big show". Here are a few pics and video clips of the camp. I am still ignorant when it comes to compressing my HD videos, so I am unable to share the actual clips of "the big show". You can't see much anyway, as I had to try and zoom the lens through the fence to see Jillian, and it really is one big jumbled mess with me moving the camera around trying to focus. Just trust me that it was cute, and that Jillian was spot on with her moves.
I took a few videos with my phone during camp practices. This one is the first day, and the girls were trying to do jumping jacks and just imitate the cheer leaders. If you can't recognize Jillian, she is the one in black capris and a white shirt with the blue turtle on it.
Working on balance with a cheer, "Go Honkers!"
This is a clip of the actual 3-4 year old routine, followed by the large group routine. Jillian is wearing the pink shirt and purple skirt.
.JPG) |
| I was a little worried when I discovered the above scene upon arrival to the "big show", but she quickly decided it would be ok to wake up and go |
 |
| Showing off her pom poms, and her shirt which reads, "Peace, Love, + RAC Cheer" |
 |
| Watching for Daddy to arrive |
 |
| Lining up with the girls |
 |
| Checking in with her friend, Caroline |
 |
| Daddy made it to the game on time! |
 |
| Adrienne checking out the crowd. She wasn't a great baseball game attendee at this stage...total squirmy worm. She and I went home after "the big show", and Daddy and Jiji enjoyed the game. |
 |
| All done and running off the field! Can you find Jillian in her flower-print skirt? |
No comments:
Post a Comment