template

Friday, June 8, 2012

Talkin'

Adrienne is suddenly a rather verbal girl. Her babbling just ramped up to a whole new level, with lots of new sounds, fluctuations in tone, speed, and intent. It is ridiculously cute, and I really should capture some on video. On Wednesday, she added what I consider her first real use of a word in context, without prompting or in imitation of us. She was crawling around the living room and stumbled upon one of her shoes. She picked it up, turned to me, and as she held it out shouted, "szoo!" Jillian heard it too, and was so excited. I spent a good deal of time trying to capture it on video, and finally did later in her room.
Since that time, she has added cheese ("chz"), toy ("tah"), sock ("sah"), banana ("nana") and Jiji ("jah-ji) for her big sister. She also loves to use the "sss" sound when I ask her if she wants strawberries, and I think has just officially named her lovies "nigh nigh". Whenever she sees her lovey in her crib or anywhere in the house, she picks it up and snuggles it and says "nigh nigh".  I love a talkin' baby!
In other news, she has decided climbing is fun. I am not as excited about this, as it adds a whole new level of danger to our daily activities. But, she is so proud of herself that I can't help but grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment