template

Monday, June 11, 2012

Iowa in June

We spent the weekend in Des Moines---Matt golfing with our high school friends (an annual event), and the girls and I at my parents'. I enjoyed a couple solo shopping trips (I know it sounds almost hilarious to say, but Des Moines really has fantastic shopping. It is far better than Rochester, and at least equal to if not better than Minneapolis), time as an "only child" with my parents (hey, just trying to find the bright side of not getting to see my sisters), and Adrienne's best two nights of sleep to date. Mom spoiled me with cream puffs, homemade ice cream (two flavors AND homemade chocolate sauce), cookies, and Dad worked his grill magic with some delicious teriyaki. Jillian enjoyed a date with Grandad to Krispy Kreme, a tea party with Grams, and both girls spent tons of time outside in the water. It was a great weekend and a nice change of pace for us all. I took my camera, but didn't get many pictures outside of a few of the girls enjoying the backyard (and 1 of the tea party).

Riding the hand-made horse that my sisters and I rode as kids...Grandad fixed him up.
Hammock swinging made Adrienne giggle
Jillian promptly placed all the cookies on her plate for the tea party. Grams, Grandad, and I were out of luck! Love the chocolate on her nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment