Things continue to be crazy in our household as we settle in from the move. We've had some glitches in getting internet service secure and reliable in our house, which has limited my ability to work on the blog. Today, I am sitting in the cafe at the RAC while Jillian plays (and Grammy so graciously entertains A at home), frantically paying bills online, and catching up on other "stuff" that requires my attention. So, here is a quick rundown of recent days in the lives of the little ladies.
We set up the Christmas tree on Saturday morning, and Jillian was absolutely enthralled. She can think of nothing else besides Christmas, and is seriously concerned about the absence of presents under the tree so far. She loves to handle the ornaments, and was completely devastated when she broke one of my childhood ornaments yesterday when playing a bit too rough. She punished herself enough with a dramatic outpouring of emotion for some time afterward. I kept hearing her say, "Oh no, what am I going to do without that ornament?!" "I'm so so sorry!", etc.
Jillian also continues her love of dress up. Saturday night she came up to me and exclaimed, "I'm not Jillian! I'm Stripe Girl!" It seems that is an accurate description....
On Sunday, I remembered that it was the last day for the Festival of Trees at the Civic Center. I loaded the girls up and we headed downtown to check out all the beautiful trees decorated by local businesses as a charity benefit. Jillian was in awe of them, and Adrienne was mesmerized by the lights as she lay comfortably in her stroller.
Santa Claus was also present at the event, and I was shocked when Jillian ran right up and jumped in his lap before I even had a chance to inquire if she'd like to talk to him. She wasn't fearful of him at all!
Despite the mess and craziness in the house, we are enjoying the space and lots of time to play. I even sometimes get in on the action!
More to update on later, I'm out of time for now. Stay tuned........
No comments:
Post a Comment